The Mercury Racing 450R outboard is the new powerhouse in the Mercury Racing family. Designed for all who love top speed and unlimited power, the new 450R with its 4.6-liter V8 FourStroke is the right engine. With the exclusive Mercury Racing supercharger, 450 peak prop-shaft horsepower, 40 percent higher torque than the powerful 400R and a weight of 313 kg, the new 450R offers the perfect ratio between power and weight.
The 450R is based on the same 4.6-liter V8 powerhead used for the normally aspirated Mercury Racing 300R outboard models. A 2.4-liter belt-driven twin-screw supercharger delivers pressure charging with zero lag for instant throttle response.
- The supercharger is water-cooled to reduce the temperature of the intake charge and increase power. Twin charge-air coolers engineered by Mercury Racing reduce the temperature of the compressed intake charge to further increase air density and power output.
- A specially designed intake attenuator is tuned to cancel the harshest high-frequency supercharger noise while retaining a throaty high-performance sound.
- Electronics and other engine components are designed and positioned to create the tightest package possible while maintaining good service access. The carefully considered design and placement of the new supercharger and the charge-air coolers allow the 450R to use the same slim-line cowl as the 300R model. This is important for multi-engine installations.
- Like all Mercury Racing outboards, the 450R accommodates 26-inch center-to-center mounting on multi-engine transoms, perfect to maximizing transom space on brand new boats or re-power installations.
- The Mercury Racing 450R delivers all of its performance on readily available 95 RON pump fuel.
- The wide-open throttle (WOT) operating range extends from 5800-6400 rpm, allowing for a full complement of Mercury Racing propellers to optimize acceleration, efficiency and top speed.
- The Mercury Racing 450R is available with multiple gearcase, control system, tie bar and styling options.
- Mercury Transient Spark Technology applies pre-programmed timing advance to optimize torque output for stronger hole-shot performance.
- Adaptive Speed Control automatically holds engine rpm regard-less of load or condition changes – like rough water, tight turns – to maintain boat momentum.
- The 450R is compatible with every Mercury Marine digital control system.
- The Mercury Racing 450R is available in the colours Cold Fusion White and the legendary Mercury Phantom Black.
Reliable and long-lasting
The 450R was designed for the rough environment of high-performance boating and offers wild power but also safety and durability.